As the year comes to a close and the festive holiday season springs upon us once more, now is a good time to think about your oral health care leading into the new year. If you are thinking about having a professional exam to look for any cavities, Time Square Dental Group wants to help. If you do have cavities, you have two wonderful choices for destroying cavities with dental amalgams and composite fillings.
Dental amalgams and composite fillings are used to treat cavities and provide long-term protection for your teeth. Here are a few benefits of each:
Advantages of composites:
– Composite fillings can be customized to match the color of a tooth.
– Some cavities are too small to be effectively fixed with amalgams. Composites can go closer and deeper to fill these cavities.
– If a composite filling needs to be repaired, the original filling does not need to be removed.
– Composite fillings contain no mercury, which some individuals may be allergic to.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and can prevent tooth fracture.
Advantages of amalgams:
– Dental amalgams have been shown to be more effective and last longer in larger cavities compared to composite fillings.
– Dental amalgams take far less time to place in the dentist’s office.
– Dental amalgams have been around for over 150 years in America with a proven record of long-term success and quality.
Time Square Dental Group wants to make your dental fillings as successful and timely as we can. You are welcome to schedule a visit to our office in Pasadena, Texas. For more information about which service suits you best, please book an oral exam with Dr. Razan Daccak by calling our office at (832) 426.4433. We look forward to fighting cavities for you!